Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heartlake massive
The Vault Toronto Rave Forum > The Vault > Public Forum
transcendz
so - any old heartlake massive left out there.
i need to reconnect, no one else understands the trials and tribulations of getting down to parties at 13 or 14. Frightening when I think about that now, but wouldn't trade it for anything.

and chris, how about a syrous 20 year anniversary... heh.?

big up to all the heartlake massive.
sigma
hehe. 20 year anniversary. Not sure if theres any Heartlake crew on here yet. Might be lurking wink.gif

Welcome to the forum!
Raoul Duke
What is Heartlake?

How fucking old is Syrous? I thought your first party was in the 90's?
20 years ago was 84 I was only 10 years old. Dunno...

big up Hearltake massive whoever you are!
sigma
Heartlake is a part of Brampton. And Syrous's first party was 1993. smile.gif Will be 20 years in 2013 lol
Raoul Duke
Oh cool. I have only lived in TO since 94. Met a lot of folks but none from Brampton. Why did you chose Brampton?
transcendz
I lived in heartlake, for some reason there was just a large concentration of both junglists and partiers in general. lots of the first "scenesters" were from heartlake/brampton. They all now seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.

not that i'm too surprised wink.gif

chris- i still think you should do a 20 year heh.

-amy
Raoul Duke
I am sure you have some good stories. Let's hear something about the crew from Brampton. tongue.gif
Raoul Duke
Does anyone have any good stories about ravers from Brampton?

transcendz
so funny, the stories are countless. I started going to parties really young, too young I'd say now. I think I was about 13. Sykosis party 91-92. Pretty Crazy, the brampton crew was huge then. There were a lot of "scenesters" junglists really started getting high numbers around 94. We used to have parties during the week that this guy Ken (who had a store in Brampton called Word UP) anyway they threw weeknight parties in the basement of a Chinese restaurant in downtown brampton. Passion Fridays was one, I can't remember what the Thursday was called. Anyway- it all progressed from there. Of course Mystical and Sniper were from Brampton and countless others. Fearless used to come back to Heartlake to party with us if he'd been in town. We all lived within a few block radius of eachother. It was a weird group. Heartlake is full of money, and it was like everyone's parents were constantly away and all their kids were just doing it up. It was pretty nuts. I still have videos. There was a huge crew of us, mostly guys but I was one of the people with a car, anyway we'd all meet in front of Heartlake plaza on partynight and head down 4-5 cars full of people to parties. It was pretty nuts. Went on that way for years. Finally after awhile I lost touch with everyone. I know a few people went to jail, not sure what happened to the rest. But it was definitely an era. I remember one Syrous party at King Towers and it was about 40 or 50 of us. We were all at the front of the party, just doing it up. Everyone ended up going back to Heartlake and Fearless ended up MCing to one of our friends sets. There was one time someone's parents came home. Not sure if it was that time or another. It was nuts. Sheer maddness.
Raoul Duke
COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Mystical and Sniper. Are you friends with them? I moved to Toronto in 94 after college in London On. Originally from Ottawa where I had friends who were in the scene there and loved to come to TO. They recommended that I go out to party in TO. I heard the RINSE OUT show 88.1 while working overnight at the CBC and loved what I was hearing so I went to the party they were talking about on the show that next weekend. Syrous Valley of the Kings I think. I had a shit night. Some kid ripped me off, he looked all of about 13 years old. Being my first Rave in TO I was a bit nervous and the kid had all the right moves. Sold me two empty caps. I wasn't sure what to do so I was making sure they were empty by looking at them in the light and then security caught me and took them away and yelled at me and shit. One thing I noticed was that everyone seemed to know each other. Needless to say the music was amazing and I still had the urge to go out again despite my bad luck. The next party I went to was AMAZING. The rest is history.

Thanks for your story. Tell me more. I would love to see the videos you speak of.

Cheers.
transcendz
Haven't spoken to either pat or chris in years. Last time I saw them was when I was working at U8TV and they came by the Loft to visit a friend.

Yeah, I remember Valley of the Kings, what a wicked night. I used to love security, they were hilarious. And of course had absolutely no sense of humor. smile.gif

I was trying to think about the last party I went to. I just kind of stopped going. I think it was the Phryl party at the international center maybe. It just sort of fizzled out for me, I think I got bitter and started to resent all of the kids laying around on the floor smile.gif

I have some old videos of us chilling after a party and another that I did as a documentary at Industry. Pretty funny.

Do you go out anymore? I heard Shimon was in town awhile ago, debating going and then of course decided against it. Did you go to Syrous deep blue at 11 Polson?
Raoul Duke
Any chance I could see your documentary? That would be so interesting to me.
I am a dad so I can't really get out too often. I went to that new club Boa-Redux a few weeks ago. It had a really ravey vibe. No boose. I am a Detroit Techno fan so it felt right to get out again and see Jeff Mills. I would consider going there again. The sound is spectacular. Hands down the best I had heard in years. The last rave I went to was so long ago I can't remember. It's been mostly clubs for the last 5 years. But since I had my son I don't really go out like that.
I missed the Deep Blue party but heard it was 'off the hook'. Tell me about it. I went to lots of parties at that space. I think the last mega rave I saw was down there. 15000 people. Crazy shit. No vibe. Huge stacks of speakers. I felt old.

Tell me something that you know about the rave scene that was truly sinister or horrible. I love hearing peoples stories.
Raoul Duke
unsure.gif sorry if that image was too big.
I thought that it was a small one. mellow.gif
sigma
QUOTE (Raoul Duke @ Apr 23 2004, 12:50 AM)
unsure.gif sorry if that image was too big.
I thought that it was a small one. mellow.gif

fixed cool2.gif
Raoul Duke
biggrin.gif thanks
SmoothOperator
QUOTE (transcendz @ Apr 22 2004, 09:31 PM)
Last time I saw them was when I was working at U8TV and they came by the Loft to visit a friend.

heh, I was interviewed to be one of the camera peeps for U8TV. Decided I didn't want to move to TO for that job though. Maybe I should have, it seemed like a lot of fun while it lasted.
Seems to be a lot of old partiers in the broadcasting business. I also did a documentary in school about rave culture. One of the parties I was shooting at, was an RnB productions party at the Masonic Temple. David Bowie ended up showing up, but refused to let me talk to him on camera. SHIT! My documentary's embarrassing though. If I could do it over, it'd be much different.

Oh, and I love hearing about other peoples party experiences, and past. Makes me wish we all met eachother back in the day!
brampton boy
Im from Heartt lake, still live here at this very moment. been living in this house since I was 6 months old when me parents came from malton in 81.

Im not an original HLM what so ever, I kno all the heads tho, older and younger.

I wenrt to kens (mc speicla k from word up) party was down town brampton under the chinese place. "fantasy fridays" was one night, I only knew sniper & mystical, never heard of any other dj's..oh and dj spyda was there form back then,,thats all I remember. was a fun night, I was only 11 or 12 years old lol

Theres still some HL heads around at parties. Dee soemtimes ends up at parties once and a while with Pat. Most poeple grew up and moved on. but you cna catch HL heads at theory events all the time, but no the original HLM crew, more so people of the age 22-25..everyone else is getting a bit older now.
vapidspace
QUOTE(transcendz @ Apr 19 2004, 11:52 PM) *

so - any old heartlake massive left out there.
i need to reconnect, no one else understands the trials and tribulations of getting down to parties at 13 or 14. Frightening when I think about that now, but wouldn't trade it for anything.

and chris, how about a syrous 20 year anniversary... heh.?
big up to all the heartlake massive.

HeartLake massive right Here!!! There are a lot of us still going!!!!!!! A bunch of us went to Burning Man this past summer.
I went to Mayfield ... What about you did you go to Heartlake or Noter Dame? We where chilling a Nasa but it has closed now.

Later Spa(e
birdo
Big up the Heartlake CRU. Nuff mentions on the old tapes.
Aboogie
From Brampton, born and raised, in the playground....

I think the first rave in Canada if not North America was at the Knights of Columbus in Brampton by the new city hall!

Just listening to the Mark Oliver, I used to have the Carlitos way track on vinyl!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.