The Vault Toronto Rave Forum > Syrous Archive > 1st Generation
sigma
TITLE: Syrous #14 - ' Spellbound '
DATE: July 6th, 1996
AUDIO: Hype {A}{B} Brookie {A}{B} Sigma7 {A}{B}
ATTENDANCE: 1900

FEATURED DJ:
Dj Hype , Dj Brookie , MC Fearless

MEMORIES: Crazy party. Dj Hype and Brookie produced a wicked vibe. MC Fearless was a fresh voice for Toronto junglists. The venue was pretty good with two arenas and an outside chillout area to get some fresh air. The House room was incredible all night and early morning. Just a really good party all around.

DESIGN BY: Chris Smart [Dj sigma7]

user posted image

user posted image
sigma
The transparent stcker for this event.
sigma
Dj Hype's set is now online.

AUDIO: Hype {A}{B}
catalyst
Strange venue for this one I thought. First time I enjoyed myself in the house room, but since the jungle area was really going off I was going back and forth.
sigma
You mean the layout of the party was strange? The Dj's were setup in that corner due to the Residental area just behind the venue on that side. Had to keep that in mind when setting up. The House room had a better setup due to its layout but wasnt as big.
Michi
The Brockie audio doesn't work! sad.gif

This was one of my favourite parties ever! I have some pretty fucked up pictures of me and my friends. It's a good thing I don't have a scanner, cause they'd kill me if I posted them. smile.gif
sigma
shit! i spelt brockie as brookie, lol sry. fixed now. And get a scanner! we want to see some picts biggrin.gif
sigma
pre-flyer. similar to the ones for the Ground Zero event. all these little flyers came from extra paper that would of been cut from the Spellbound flyer. Didnt want it to go to waste smile.gif
catalyst
QUOTE (sigma @ Jan 22 2004, 10:08 PM)
You mean the layout of the party was strange? The Dj's were setup in that corner due to the Residental area just behind the venue on that side. Had to keep that in mind when setting up. The House room had a better setup due to its layout but wasnt as big.

Different kind of venue. Was this the one with the open back lot with skids for seating?
sigma
yea, there was a big garage door to the outside near the main stage. Opened up in the morning. was a bit odd but everyone seemed to welcome the fresh air. I remember playing Music Is the Key when that opened up. Playing some morning vibes smile.gif
melliemel2
blink.gif I Remember this party very well.... And Michi if I think that its; really you..
You should post the pictures... Espcially the one of you and A... all wet.....smile.gif
This party was great and is still top 3 parties for me....
everything was good... except it was like 120 degrees in there... with no running water...except for a really crappy sink at the back of the jungle room...

Just a open question to anyone to answer.... was that the first time that anyone played the ready or not track in Canada??.... i remember hearing rumors that it was... i just remember that it was so crazy for me because that is a great song..

Also a great moment at this party if my mind remebers..... Did Brockie rewind the super sharp shooters track like 3 or 4 times.... i know that is not on the tape.. because it cuts of earlier in the set.. but i do remeber the crowd going nuts... and mc fearless going nuts too.
Murk-E
Is the sigma 7 audio gonna be up soon?
sigma
It was never released but I still have the tape. The MC was Urban J. wasnt good. I only have the DAT and I havent found a place that can output to MP3 or Tape.
Eddie Machete
yo just wondering
you guys pay urban j?
sigma
lol. no!
Murk-E
QUOTE (sigma @ Apr 5 2004, 09:24 PM)
lol. no!

he aint that bad biggrin.gif
sigma
well maybe. I just dont get along with him anymore.
sector7g
Who was the last Dj to play in the jungle room that morning? I remember being ready to sleep then boom! Was that dominik?
sigma
I played pretty early in the morning. Tracks like Music is the Key and other morning vibes. I remember the back was opened up to the outside. Must of been around 6am. Dont remember who played after or before me.
sector7g
Funny how I don't really remember your set but do remember you playing music is the key. what a killer tune. I also remember thinking, who the hell is sigma 7? Must be some new kid. smile.gif
sigma
ahhaha lol. yea i dont know if anyone really knows but i didnt get to play many of my parties. too busy dealing wit tings. I only got a chance to play at a few.
sector7g
How DID you find locations anyway? Is there a long process involved or did you just get lucky?
sigma
Alot of times i would drive around looking for Warehouses but usually our Security guys knew of places or we went through Real Estate agencies.
sector7g
Thats crazy. It must have been neat to see all those places with the lights on.
The again, maybe its better that I didin't. wink.gif
Reinforced
QUOTE (sigma @ Jan 31 2004, 05:34 PM)
shit! i spelt brockie as brookie, lol sry. fixed now. And get a scanner! we want to see some picts biggrin.gif

the same on the flyer... ! lolz
Angelus
Great Vibes @ this party

liked the venue

one thing i remember is that the company Madness was spoze 2 bring Brockie twice & i went 2 both party & both partys he didnt make it.

so leave it up 2 Syrous 2 come threw.

Bigup.
swindla007
QUOTE (Eddie Machete @ Apr 5 2004, 09:10 PM)
yo just wondering
you guys pay urban j?

he never got paid but he did manage to scam a few syrous t's from us..... oops2.gif
hotmidgetsluts
this was a blast the party killed me I wore a shirt that said lardass on it
we took a train down to the city got to the party and where excited to see dj hype
got pics of hype and fearless at that party .

dominik wore a SHirt that sez fuck deep house

anyone remember the chick with no shirt on titties she was walking around with a freak on a leash ?
I got a crazy pic of a girl fucking bugg eyed as fuck with a dope deal going on in the background to funny those days

the best mem of the nite when ready or not dropped u could really feel the vibe beeg up the white towels going off that nite haha

thanks for the hype set been looking for a copy of this in ages
sigma
you gotta find a scanner and post these photos you keep talkin about. im sure everyone would love to see them. Would be a nice addition to the archive. We dont have any picts from this event i dont think.
hotmidgetsluts
QUOTE(sigma @ Mar 9 2006, 01:49 PM) *

you gotta find a scanner and post these photos you keep talkin about. im sure everyone would love to see them. Would be a nice addition to the archive. We dont have any picts from this event i dont think.

I am going to visit my folks next week I will grab my loblaws crate of mix tapes and photos of the nite
d&bPlumber
I remember this party like it was yesterday.
Hype was awesome like always. I remember rolling a J just in front of the house room while Hype was playing his first track. Then he layed down "Ready or Not" and the whole place went nuts. Brockie was deep, dark and dangerous. Wicked party for sure. uuconcertlight.gif
I have Mystical and Snipers sets on tape, maybe someone can lead me in the right direction as far as posting them.
I can picture my brother and I laying against the back wall listening to Snipers set. One by one he through down these crazy basslines. And one by one, they all got a deserving rewind.
Eddie Machete
QUOTE(hotmidgetsluts @ Mar 9 2006, 04:54 AM) *

this was a blast the party killed me I wore a shirt that said lardass on it
we took a train down to the city got to the party and where excited to see dj hype
got pics of hype and fearless at that party .

dominik wore a SHirt that sez fuck deep house

anyone remember the chick with no shirt on titties she was walking around with a freak on a leash ?
I got a crazy pic of a girl fucking bugg eyed as fuck with a dope deal going on in the background to funny those days

the best mem of the nite when ready or not dropped u could really feel the vibe beeg up the white towels going off that nite haha

thanks for the hype set been looking for a copy of this in ages

hey i remember that shirt now, your for sure the ziggy i was talking bout
where my renegades tape at?? i want the cover back too uusmoker.gif
Eddie Machete
hey sigma i uploaded the Sniper & Recka set onto the cydonian server.
Its there if you want to add it, Mystical to follow soon
sigma
awesome. thanks bud. will get to it as soon as i can
Eddie Machete

I finally remembered how to put a link together off the cydonian sever,
So without further a due, here is the Sniper and Recka set....

Sniper & Recka Syrous '96

Big thanks to Archie for the rip, and his kind permission for letting us host it

esoteric
I wasn't at this party (but how I wish I was). I think the dude with the red sunglasses on his head is a close friend of mine. cool.gif

Click to view attachment
sigma
thanks for these!
Eddie Machete
Very excellent posts! I thought i had posted this.
SyKicK
Glad you guys are enjoying.

I just ripped these tapes this week so they will be online at some point and time.

Jungle PHD - Jungle Journey Part 2
Marcus - Old School Selections 94
Mystical Influence - Pleasure Force Pehuture Generations 94
Mystical Influence - Vol 8
Mystical Influence - Vol 9
Mystical Influence Sniper - Utopia May 11 96
Mystical Influence, Mc Recka, Brocksy Live at Syrous July 6 96
Ruffneck - Vol 7
Sniper - Vol 8
Sniper - Vol 9
Sniper & Ruffneck Mc L Natural - Live at Industry (DJ Rap night)
holmes
QUOTE(Murk-E @ Apr 6 2004, 01:25 AM) *

Is the sigma 7 audio gonna be up soon?

i hope so cause i know 4 sure he played 31 seconds uusmoker.gif holmes*

i remember this party like it was yesterday...how many years now...lol
sigma
My audio is still on DAT! how oldskool is that now lol. where they hell would i get that converted these days
SyKicK
Wish we could have got Sigma's mix from this event off that DAT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.