Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renegades
The Vault Toronto Rave Forum > Syrous Archive > 1st Generation
Pages: 1, 2
sigma
TITLE: Syrous #04 - 'Renegades '
DATE: October 4th 1994
AUDIO: Darren Jay {A}{B}, Jumpin Jack Frost {A}{B}, Rap {A}{B}, Trace {A}{B}, Slipmaster J {A}{B}
ATTENDANCE: 4000

FEATURED DJ:
Jumpin Jack Frost, Slipmaster Jay, Darren Jay, Dj Rap, Dj Trace, MC Ryme Tyme, MC Dr. No , plus Local Toronto Dj's .

MEMORIES: Oh what a venue. 2 huge high ceiling wharehouses connected to each other. Im guessing when i say it was a massive 'Lumber City' all i remember is something about lumber. LOL. Jungle Explodes in Toronto! 2 companies, 2 rooms, thousands of people. Historic event. I didnt do much work on this one, just promotion. Too many people doing things. And of course when working with another company the advertising tends to be different from your own.

DESIGN BY: (concept) Vito, John E, (work) Terry
Marcus Visionary
This felt like the first big arena party. I remember the echo and Rhymetymes very english style!
sigma
Darren Jay audio now online.

The rest will follow smile.gif
sigma
Dj Rap audio now online.

tongue.gif
Toxic
QUOTE (Marcus Visionary @ Dec 30 2003, 07:47 AM)
This felt like the first big arena party. I remember the echo and Rhymetymes very english style!

I loved the echo! something you only got with the high ceilings!
smile.gif
sigma
Dj Trace audio now online.

cool.gif
swindla007
i loved this party...the funniest thing was when the guys from england thought we were all crazy cuz we all danced to like..every beat in the songs, they were all half-steppers and the toronto scene was just freaking out on the dance floor! insane!
this was the beginning of the end for small syrous parties. after this things just kinda snowballed into the absolute craziness that it became.
still one of the best parties ever.....even if i never made it into the house room
peace
ph34r.gif
sigma
sticker for the event
Variant
I have the video for this party. There's lots of Union station antics going on at the beginning and some funny editing with Vito working at X-static. Complete with Burger King Crew sayin how they're coming back harder and stronger than ever... hah!

Lots of freaky editing going on.. overall a great tape. *tear*
sigma
QUOTE (Variant @ Jan 16 2004, 01:26 AM)
I have the video for this party. There's lots of Union station antics going on at the beginning and some funny editing with Vito working at X-static. Complete with Burger King Crew sayin how they're coming back harder and stronger than ever... hah!

Lots of freaky editing going on.. overall a great tape. *tear*

agreed. I have a copy. I think the Union Station bit brings back alot of good memories for me. I spent so much time at Union Station. I cant believe i know all those guys at the start. That shits too funny!
Variant
I love the rush to get on the shuttles when they arrive and the dood climbing up the side of one to talk to someone inside. heh.

Wish there was more actual party footage.
sigma
Heres an inside scan of the flyer. Designed/drawn by Vito, who was, at the time, part of Syrous. He did some great artwork back then, great style. Renegades 1 was a huge success and. Renegades 2 was just a stupid attempt at recreating this historic event and it failed miserably.

Bigup Vito for this flyer.
Eddie Machete
would love to see that video again if anyone can help me out let me know
been after that piece since the day i lost it ZIGGY!!!
if this ever comes up for sale machete is on it mate
wicked page
watanabee
this is one of my favorite party memories ever. such a great night. I met so many people. The size and energy of the party was almost overwhelming. My friends had a snapple both in the vendor's section in between the two rooms which made for a great home base.
great time.
great site BTW. brings back so many great memories.
Raoul Duke
I have never seen any of these videos. Anyone feel like encoding them so there is a truly a record of how shit looked and felt. They are impossible to get a hold of and you guys have them. So why not let others who weren't here in those days see what it was really like.

That would be tits!

Eddie Machete
this is a must
that snail my gosh long story
i would send cash if anyone could hook me with a copy
Eddie Machete
QUOTE (Eddie Machete @ May 30 2004, 03:00 PM)

somebody please
dying over here
get them vcrs rigged up guys
will send cash in advance
sigma
so funny you brough this up. you psychic or something lol. Someone at my work said he can do it. Im going to try this week. pssst dont tell toxic wink.gif
Its a surprise
Peecee Pee
Oh My Goodie Goodie rockon.gif rockon.gif rockon.gif

Sigma I Hope You Ain't Toying With Us

Wicked X3 And A Gunshot shooter.gif
Peecee Pee
Anything New On This?
Thank You
Eddie Machete
hey sigma sorry to bother ya
i know your a busy man

been thinking bout this film awhile
is this shit still going down?
sigma
yea i know I said i was gonna get it done at work. That got thrown out the window. I still want to get this online.
Brandonsweet
The Jumping Jack Frost tape from this party was my introduction to jungle. I still play it on the regular to remind me what it was that sucked me into this scene in the first place.
ghost641
Sigma,

if you still (this is about 5 months late) want to xfer that vid i can do that....

s.
unique2100
Is there something wrong with the Jack frost link I keep getting a set that says 40 min but is actually just like 4 min???????
sigma
Works fine from my end. Each file is about 20 minutes. Little less little more. Just checked and they play fine.
erbsmokah
This party was unreal, I remember being scared because It felt like the amount of people in the crowd was overwhelming..

i never imagined i would be partying with 15,000+ by 1999..
Angelus
nice, i had the DarrenJay tape & lost it a looooong time ago.

rockon.gif
erbsmokah
Anybody else notice it sounds like this party was recorded through a live mic? Sounds liek you're actually there if you can get it loud enough.. lol
Eddie Machete
QUOTE (Eddie Machete @ Jul 11 2004, 11:55 AM)

somebody please
dying over here

$$$$$$!!!
Eddie Machete
QUOTE (Eddie Machete @ May 2 2005, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (Eddie Machete @ Jul 11 2004, 11:55 AM)

somebody please
dying over here

$$$$$$!!!

uubump.gif
sigma
Monday Im converting the VHS to DVD.
Its been setup.

Wont be long now smile.gif
Eddie Machete
QUOTE (sigma @ Jul 22 2005, 12:29 PM)
Monday Im converting the VHS to DVD.
Its been setup.

Wont be long now smile.gif

heard that before biggrin.gif
sigma
I have it here at work. I talked with the guy.. says he can do it today or Monday.
charade
Madness.
sigma
If anyone has ever seen the video you probably remember that it was done all ghetto, weird overlays and the result was some bad noise over some of the footage. We are trying to adjust the levels and colors to make the compression the best looking as possible. This is being converted from VHS remember so I will do the best I can. I work at a film and TV post production studio so we have all the tools we need, but sometimes the video is so far gone you cant do anything about it.

If this works well.. look for Pleasure Forces Hypnotic Justice to be done next.
Eddie Machete
QUOTE (sigma @ Jul 22 2005, 03:41 PM)
If anyone has ever seen the video you probably remember that it was done all ghetto, weird overlays and the result was some bad noise over some of the footage. We are trying to adjust the levels and colors to make the compression the best looking as possible. This is being converted from VHS remember so I will do the best I can. I work at a film and TV post production studio so we have all the tools we need, but sometimes the video is so far gone you cant do anything about it.

If this works well.. look for Pleasure Forces Hypnotic Justice to be done next.

thats wicked sigma
looking forward
havent seen that video since i was in high school
sigma
I watching it and converting it as I type this. Watching it on a 40' pLCD TV. The quality after the Union Station footage is really crap. Lots of editing and and wierd cuts. so hillarious.
sigma
..but im about 40minutes into it and the quality is a bit better. so who knows. Its being encoded using Divx 6 so go get it. Dont know how big the file size will be, to be honest im a bit scared. I dont think I'll be able to host it to everyone.. Maybe for the frequent members only wink.gif
sigma
shit. going to have to re-encode it. Its 500mb. Divx 6 and I cant re-convert it for some reason. Audio doesnt come through if i try to make it smaller from this file.

Let you know monday

Heres some screenshots
sigma
one of the quick fade in and outs of the actual party. The video is edited waaay too much. can hardly make out footage from the event.
sigma
Harveys at Union Station
sigma
rush for the shuttle buses.

I'll try and have a downloadable version on Monday night. I want to keep it at around 150mb for the entire Hour and 10 minute video.
catalyst
can't wait!
sigma
Only for the Hardcore!

http://thecommunic8r.com/thevault/index.php?showtopic=1162

Access available only to 'Frequency' Members. You know who you are.
The Beef

Hi, I'd like to see the video too. My name's The Beef and you may remember me from such moments as .... "When you cry for the rewind we make sure you get it, seen!"
sigma
Darren Jay's set has been upgraded to 128kbps Stereo. Check the above link again. File has just been wrote over.
Eddie Machete
large up sigma
nice up the scene
congonatty420
c'mon let us see the video...i shine ya shoes for ya!
congonatty420
this is interesting cause i was only like 15 or so at the time of this party and i was into jungle but became more serious about it around 17 y/o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.