Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost and Found
The Vault Toronto Rave Forum > The Vault > Public Forum
Variant
So there's been lots of peeps who've eventually dropped out of the scene that used to help shape the way things developed. Would be interesting to find out what everyone ended up doing... so who do you know that used to run tings in this city?

Whatever happened to:

DJ E!n
Algorythm
Eryk S
Peter the Greek - this guy must still be spinning at some club somewhere
Terry Kelly
Mike Stein
Chameleon
MC Gadget
swindla007
how many do you think are still in rehab? wink.gif naw just joking. ph34r.gif
Toxic
QUOTE (swindla007 @ Feb 10 2004, 05:57 AM)
how many do you think are still in rehab? wink.gif naw just joking. ph34r.gif

lol!!

well

DJ E!n still had a show on global groove a few years ago.. i had the pleasure to play for him. great guy, had tons of stories to tell.

Algorythm im sure is doing big things. last i heard it was heavily techno influenced.

Eryk S. when did he stop being part of destiny?

Peter the Greek is probably doin something in a more commercial / top 40 way

the rest of those guys I have no idea.. havent heard anything for ages..
actually, i heard Gadget is back in the UK, with a regular Job.

There are tons of local artists that we dont hear about, but are HUGE overseas... one good example is Dyno and Terry. those guys sell TONS of records across teh pond, but no one here shows them any love.

kinda sucks if you ask me.
El Grecko
How about the one like the Dr NO!

Jungle PHD
Citrous
Murat
Danny Hennry
John E
Minute Maid
Vito Robbie's brother from Syrous
sigma
QUOTE (El Grecko @ Feb 13 2004, 04:01 AM)
Vito Robbie's brother from Syrous

Its true he was part of Syrous for a bit (1994/95) but my friendship with him slowly deteriated.
Variant
Jungle PhD is still seen at the odd party a friend of mine told me. Last time I remember seeing him was probably 97.. so yeah.. still lost. heh.

Citrus went back to the UK for school.

Had this funny conversation with this huge dood at my work who used to work security for parties back in the day. Has some ties with Dr. No apparently.. he's staying in the UK too.. although I think thats been the case for many years now.
koojmak
i saw john e at element a coupla weeks ago, run into robbie now and again, him and vito are still livin' with moms around bloor west.......i see brian ireland pretty regularly, he's doin' a'ight....
two5oh
most of those cats can be seen at the upcoming Gridiron party am i right?
i know phd and renks alongside toxic for sure...
Variant
what party is this?
Toxic
QUOTE (Variant @ Mar 16 2004, 04:45 AM)
what party is this?

event comin up.. the lineup for the oldskool room looks like this.

Don Renks

Jungle PHD vs Medicine Muffin
(EXCLUSIVE OLD SCHOOL RAGGA SET)

Marcus Visionary vs Prime
(PROPHECY TRIBUTE SET)

Mystical Influence
(EXCLUSIVE HARDCORE SET 88-92)

Rick Toxic vs Frankie Gunns
(Dark Old School/Science 92-95)

Friday April 23, 2003
Club Surface 12 Brant St. under the Roxy Blu
1 block west of Spadina, on the north side of King
Admission is $10 before 11:30, $15 after
19+ event open from 9:00pm to 4:00am
charade
...Algorythm still plays a fair amount of techno events...
Variant
Under the name Algorythm?
pukka
danny henry was staying at my friends place for a bit..dont think hes doing very well....think he got all his records stolen or something
charade
...yeah I'm pretty sure he still plays under the name Algorythm...I'll nose around some upcoming events and see...there was an article on him in either Eye or Now about...a year ago?..
shinobi
Gorgon?

Bombshell?

Stinger?
Dj C-boogie
algorhythm is huge in europe, most notably in Germany...doing tours and shit....he is now based in Montreal..has a record label now...not sure what it's called (round Table, I think)

Erik S I think he is spinning at a joint called BLUR on bloor on friday nights....it's near bloor and bathurst st....haven't check it out

Top Kat aka terry kelly, used to play @ space (catspin) near wellesley and yonge st on thursday nights and sundays of..the club got busted for having ties to biker gangs in 2001..he was live on 100.7 fm

Dany Henry...i used to spin with him last year....(for a brieff while) at a lounge called Liquids Lounge at college st W. The joint was just starting out...kind of trashy....bastard stold 4 of my records!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was there rotating sets for about a month every friday...then he bailed out cus he had wife problems.

p.s I want my records BACK! mad.gif

peter The Greek... i think he still spinns at CLUB108 in mississauga on thursday nights
Dj C-boogie
chameleon is now into the deep house movement..i saw a posting in the eye magazine few weeks back for a jamm that was happening...he was to do a live P.A and then a dj set...didn't check it out
MiracleOfIstanbul
Dany Henry...i used to spin with him last year....(for a brieff while) at a lounge called Liquids Lounge at college st W. The joint was just starting out...kind of trashy....bastard stold 4 of my records!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was there rotating sets for about a month every friday...then he bailed out cus he had wife problems.

p.s I want my records BACK! angry.gif

peter The Greek... i think he still spinns at CLUB108 in mississauga on thursday nights

Danny Henry stealing records, no never I don't believe that.

I always wonder if Little Britain based their scottish charecter on Danny Henry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.