Thanks Eddie! I'm gonna have to burn this one. joint.gif
charade
Very nice.
sigma
W!cked.

Thanks Eddie!!
Eddie Machete
very evil man _ classic!!!
if you aint feeling this cancel your subscription!!

"sending this one out to the man called steve.........technoboy"
vapidspace
Hey there that would be I that you grabed Technolab from.... Glad your enjoying it.....
Eddie Machete
QUOTE(vapidspace @ Jan 26 2007, 10:49 AM) *

Hey there that would be I that you grabed Technolab from.... Glad your enjoying it.....

yea youre right, thanks again
James
QUOTE(vapidspace @ Jan 26 2007, 03:49 PM) *

(clearing my throat......)

dearest vapidSpace, settle down partner! 'twas I in fact who ripped this and passed it along to you. Normally I wouldn't say anything but this recording has a cool history behind it.

I originally recorded this in 1992 and this was in fact the first tape I transferred to MP3 years ago. There's some interesting things about this tape - first off - it was recorded on Malik X's birthday, if you listen very carefully when Neil says, "This one goes out to the man called Malik" (16:25) right after if you jack the sound he whispers, "happy birthday" - Saturday September 25th, the day before the 1992 Superbowl was Malik X's birthday.

The best thing about this particular tape is that around 1996 an acquaintance of Malik's contacted me, she had somehow heard I had a collection of tapes from back in the day. It was Malik's birthday again and part of her present to him was track down and gather some of his past recordings, so she asked me to dub tapes for him, as he didn't have a single recording from those days.

This of course was one of the tapes I made for him and made sure to point out that Dr. No whispers Happy Birthday.

A few days later I got a wicked message from Malik on my answering machine saying thanks.

And that's my claim to fame.
Eddie Machete
Haha decent, respect for the history. Appreciated
antihero
QUOTE(James @ Jul 28 2009, 04:55 AM) *

(clearing my throat......)

dearest vapidSpace, settle down partner! 'twas I in fact who ripped this and passed it along to you. Normally I wouldn't say anything but this recording has a cool history behind it.

I originally recorded this in 1992 and this was in fact the first tape I transferred to MP3 years ago. There's some interesting things about this tape - first off - it was recorded on Malik X's birthday, if you listen very carefully when Neil says, "This one goes out to the man called Malik" (16:25) right after if you jack the sound he whispers, "happy birthday" - Saturday September 25th, the day before the 1992 Superbowl was Malik X's birthday.

The best thing about this particular tape is that around 1996 an acquaintance of Malik's contacted me, she had somehow heard I had a collection of tapes from back in the day. It was Malik's birthday again and part of her present to him was track down and gather some of his past recordings, so she asked me to dub tapes for him, as he didn't have a single recording from those days.

This of course was one of the tapes I made for him and made sure to point out that Dr. No whispers Happy Birthday.

A few days later I got a wicked message from Malik on my answering machine saying thanks.

And that's my claim to fame.

What other old tapes u got?

James
check thecommunic8r.com....ever so slowly getting more tapes up.
James
Here's a post I just put up regarding all the details of this recording and day:

http://www.thecommunic8r.com/2010/01/the-techno-lab

DarrenY
JIMMY!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.