Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Vault Forum - News
The Vault Toronto Rave Forum > The Vault > Public Forum
sigma
Change Personal Photo

For those who are interested I just fixed the Photo option in your Control Panel. You now have the ability to add a personal photo of yourself in your profile. Dimension restrictions apply. 100 x 150 maximum. You can view peoples photos by clicking on this image under peoples posts in a thread,
user posted image

More changes coming soon. New Avatar Galleries, Smilies, crap, crap and maybe some more crap.

smile.gif
swindla007
yay!!!!more crap kicks ass!!!! (you can never have too much crap!!)
Toxic
i still dont think theres enough crap.
swindla007
is there new crap yet?? huh.gif let me know when you drop the new crap on us......".i wanna know when to duck" ph34r.gif
sigma
Ive added to Avatar Galleries. Just something i put together for another forum.

Vault Random Gallery
Lord Of The Rings
Metal Gear Solid

You can add your own avatar by using the link at the top right side of the forum. Click the My Controls link. And pick the Avatar from the left side menu.
sigma
You might notice a new REPLY button at the bottom of each thread that says REPY NOW. Its a quick reply option. Its provides a faster was to reply to messages on the forum. Test it out sometime.
sigma
Click here for a more organized list of links to specific Rave Companies and their parties.

http://thecommunic8r.com/thevault/index.php?showtopic=177

Links are updated when new scans are added.
sigma
Just noticed a small problem/oddness

When browsing the forum you might not be seeing all the topics from when the message board first started. Below is a snapshot of some settings you can adjust in each board. If you want to see all the messages and threads in that board your going to have to pick 'The Beginning' from the pull down menu. The default is 'Last 30 Days'
sigma
File Attachments are now turned on. Files must be under 150k.
Image size restrictions are 700 pixels in width.
sigma
There seems to be a problem with the search engine on the forum. It doesnt include the title and description of the threads in the search, only the text found in the body of the posts. This means your search results will come up short. Im looking into the problem, hopefully its fixable. For now heres a quick link thread for specific Rave Companies and their events.

http://thecommunic8r.com/thevault/index.php?showtopic=177

Updated often.
sigma
Im noticing more people using the search engine. Please read my message above this one.
sigma
I have fixed the small issue with the forum not showing all the threads from 'the beginning' of these boards. No longer will it cut off posts from 30 days or later.
sigma
In regards to the search engine not searching thread topic descriptions I just found out it is a bug and there is no patch for this. That means all the threads in the flyer gallery should have the name of the rave company inside the message body if you want it to show up in a search. I'll try to add company names to each thread but fuk, theres a shit load now.
sigma
I just made searching the forum a little easier (went thru all posts lol). For those attaching images to the flyer galleries please include the name of the rave cmpany inside the message body with the flyer.
Mone vev eTs
Hey Sigma 7....Do you think the "rave flyer section" can be catagorized?

Since there are so many companies, maybe you could set it up by year?

For example....I click onto "Rave flyers Toronto" I think It would be nice to have the years to choose from. Such as 91', 92', 93' and so on..... I think it's more organized and for a person looking at the history for the first time, it shows the progression of rave from back then to now and when their favourite companies started and when they have ended or whatever else in between.....

just a suggestion.

V---V

PS. I am aware you have tried to do this with another section you have, but it doesn't cover all the parties. I think to do that it would take too much out of yours and anyone else's time.
sigma
yea i realise the pages are incomplete and not well organized. i might get rid of them all thogether now that the forum is growing. I havent decided what to do yet. My time is limited so i might take them down. Thanks for the suggestions though. I might come up with a better system.
Mone vev eTs
I hope you don't get rid of them. This is the only board that supports history and is actually run by a person who lived the history. It would be a shame if this happens. sad.gif
sigma
No i wouldnt get rid of anything really. Just need to organize it better in conjuction with the forum.

smile.gif
Mone vev eTs
biggrin.gif
charade
Improved Scans:

I will be replacing most of my older scans with higher quality ones. But not all. Depends on event importance etc. If any stick out in your mind for improvement let me know.
sigma
I just upgraded the forum to version 1.3 from 1.2 so if you notice any glitches thats probably the reason. Im working to get some smilies and images looking proper and maybe create a new theme. Just thought Id mention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.