> RUN DMC, Dose/Syrous - May 15. 1999
jungle kid
post Aug 19 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #16

:.::.:::.:.
Group Icon

Group: Frequency
Member No.: 271

Now do I have to bye soundforge softwaer @ a stor or do I downlode it from the net ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
charade
post Aug 19 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 67

Soulseek or Kazaa should have it. Ask around, I'm sure one of your friends will have at least a demo copy kicking about.
+Quote Post
Pmoro
post Oct 6 2004, 02:24 AM
Post #18

:.:..
Group Icon

Member No.: 381
Weapon of Choice:
- the turntable

I went to this party with my buddy Norman Stefani. Norman Stefani died April 2004 of Hodgkins Disease. Seeing this flyer reminded me alot of him. This was one of the last memories I have of him, since after high school we did not chill that much. Times come and go, and things change; cherish every moment you have on this earth and all the people close to you because the world is shifty. Rest in Peace Norman.
+Quote Post
Murk-E
post Oct 8 2004, 05:46 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 246

QUOTE (Pmoro @ Oct 5 2004, 09:24 PM)
Rest in Peace Norman.

Nice fucking guy...always a good laugh and a great buzz....RIP
+Quote Post
recon
post Feb 12 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #20

Group: Visitor
Member No.: 476
Weapon of Choice:
- Dble barrel sawed off pistol grip shot gun

Run DMC were shit!!! Me and 10 of my friends made a packed that it would be our last "rave" and we never looked back. Untill now............this is a trip!
+Quote Post
Shane25
post Feb 20 2005, 07:51 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 297
Weapon of Choice:
- fingaz

Guys,
as far as I can remember, this was in the two huge tents. As far as I remember then, this party spelled the end of the true rave scene - it just got too big and the vibe just wasn't there anymore. It seemed that the parties just turned into a cash cow back then. The early BetterDaysUk & Pleasure Force parties were some of my best memories !!!!!
+Quote Post
erbsmokah
post Apr 18 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 532

QUOTE (Shane25 @ Feb 20 2005, 07:51 AM)
Guys,
as far as I can remember, this was in the two huge tents. As far as I remember then, this party spelled the end of the true rave scene - it just got too big and the vibe just wasn't there anymore. It seemed that the parties just turned into a cash cow back then. The early BetterDaysUk & Pleasure Force parties were some of my best memories !!!!!

shane, you have your parties mixed up man.. The one you are thinking about is Syrous Freakin' /w EPMD @ the docks.. They setup two massive tents in the parking lot.. It was a particularly nasty party as one of our speakers fell on some dude.. I think it broke his leg, I'm not sure, I was too busy making sure nobody got electrocuted while trying to move the speaker off the poor fellow...

The RUN DMC party was at international centre Halls 9 through 11 i think..
+Quote Post
billynugz
post Jul 7 2005, 06:28 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 561
Weapon of Choice:
- Mind

This Party Killed it for me boys and girls. My first party after getting back into the contrey.

It was at the international center. We went to the place with not one red cent and just a bunch of candy. we wer not going to pay the enterence fee so we ripped open the side door and just walked in (4 of us) the metia blamed the break in on the bloods and crips but it was 4 methed up kids from brampton.

The party was good xcept I ended up in the hospital cus the drugs I took wer crooked. that party ended my honey moon for good.

+Quote Post
chitowndnb
post Mar 23 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #24

Group: Visitor
Member No.: 596
Weapon of Choice:
- the mic

Hey did anyone check out Paul Johnson's or Halo's sets?
I would have liked to hear them in T.O.
+Quote Post
billy416
post Jan 23 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 1233

QUOTE(erbsmokah @ Apr 17 2005, 07:54 PM) *

shane, you have your parties mixed up man.. The one you are thinking about is Syrous Freakin' /w EPMD @ the docks.. They setup two massive tents in the parking lot.. It was a particularly nasty party as one of our speakers fell on some dude.. I think it broke his leg, I'm not sure, I was too busy making sure nobody got electrocuted while trying to move the speaker off the poor fellow...

i was trying to figure out what party that was all day. it was actually on the driving range of the docks. the event wasn't originally supposed to be there and was a last minute (i mean like around one week) change. i was working at the main club at the time but was helping robbie and vito with some things. that huge mirror ball on the crane was a nice touch. what was a better touch was heading into the VIP bar area (the golf building) and turning to my right and found CHUCK D!! right beside me. ya, flavour flav was there but over at the food table working the chicken wings!

sadly, this event will go down as possibly the beginning of the end for these kind of events. the feedback from this party was huge..in a bad way. there were so many complaints from the public. people as far as victoria park could hear the music. the city moved swiftly and essentially crippled smaller event promoters due to new regulations such as large number of paid duties being required.
+Quote Post
esoteric
post Jan 24 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 7475
Weapon of Choice:
- Hacker Pschorr Hefe Weisse, Paulaner Hefe Weizen, Fender Strat, Vox DA-5 Digital Amp, GCB-95 Cry Baby

I didn't have a problem with the parties getting larger, but I think the addition of hip-hop acts and rooms to parties wasn't a good move for the scene. It just brought in a whole new crowd or element - a negative element - to parties, ie tough guys, wannabes, thugs et al.

Personally I really enjoyed the RUN DMC party. I actually tried to check out RUN DMC, but I'd be walking for ten minutes at a time in the hip-hop or main room, stand up on my tippy-toes and look up, and the stage would be what looked like miles away. I did this for about forty-five minutes, and eventually gave up and went back to the jungle room. I remember really enjoying Bryan G, he dropped some sick tunes. The size of the crowd/event made me think at the time that this is what UK parties must be like.

Each new hour holds new chances for new beginnings
The horizon leans forward
Offering you space to place new steps of change

IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:34 PM