IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oldschool jam alert! James St Bass - free!
ghaleon
post Aug 15 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #1

:.:..
Group Icon

Group: Frequency
Member No.: 7480

IPB Image
IPB Image

TOTA - Aug. 28th – 592 Queen St. West – No Cover – Hardcore & Jungle 91-95

If you know and love this music, you will know what to expect. Goosebumps at the intro of your favorite tune. The hair on the back of your neck standing up. Bass almost caving in your chest. Warm vibes, smiles all around, and dancing till you ache.

To those who don’t know, get to know! This music brings such intense joy to those who listen to it, why... not come and see what the fuss is about? Come with an open mind, and leave with one of the biggest rewards electronic music will ever give you. You can’t know where you’re going unless you know where you have been!

This stellar lineup of Toronto locals will be taking you on your musical journey…..

James St. Bass

Starting in 1988, James fell into, and often out of, the Dj booth at the ‘Boom Boom Room’ on Queen Street west. The legendary "Boys night out" on Thursdays led to further residencies at the Big Bop, Go-Go, Oz, Limelight, and the Guvernment amongst others. A long time fan and supporter of Community radio, St. Bass, (as james became known due his dedication to the awesome bins at the Boom Boom and Go Go clubs) became involved with 89.5 FM CIUT as a fan of the Footnotes show started by DJ Barry Harris. Eventually, james put in years at CIUT hosting the original ‘Hardrive’ show on sunday afternoons--the first local radio show to feature the then new sounds of hardcore techno, jungle and house. Every party being held at the time benefited from the show's unbiased promotion. A fixture at early raves, James played them all: 23 Hop, Sykosis, Chemistry, Nitrous, Atlantis, Destiny, and Majik Mondays.

An obsessive fan of music as diverse as jazz, extreme metal, country, disco-funk, classic rock and punk--where james played in seminal early 80's hardcore thrash bands Creative Zero and Sudden Impact. A dedicated supporter of local talent, james has danced and sought vinyl from around the world--NYC, Detroit, Miami and The UK and after many years working with college students, james has unearthed some killer early jungle and hardcore sounds that, unless you have Hardrive radio shows on cassette, simply can't be heard anywhere else! A mad collector of all manner of ephemera and vinyl records, James is thrilled that the crowd that originally chanted "hardcore--you know the score! " wants some more! With over 20 crates of vinyl from the years 88-98, you can expect the unexpected as well as beloved raving classics. As a labour of love, St. Bass returns to his roots purely for the fans.

Alastair DK

One of the hardest working locals around, Alastair and Digital Kemistry are taking Toronto by storm. Having played alongside all of Toronto’s heavyweights, this seasoned veteran knows how to ignite a dancefloor. In addition to hosting quality Drum & Bass events, Alastair continues to build his collection of oldschool jungle. Expect some deep selection and technical mixing from the one they call Alastair DK.

http://www.divshare.com/download/8765326-b11

DJ Ghaleon

One of the founders of the science productions crew, oldschool is in this DJ’s blood. When he’s not lusting after records, making the perfect mixtape, or honing his mixing skills, he is digging deeper into the genres he loves: jungle, hardcore, rave, techno, and house. A tasty set of jungle hardcore has been lined up – prepare to dance!!!

http://www.threeflavours.ca/ghaleon/

Evade

A fresh young DJ who has been rocking parties all over Toronto, and ushering in the next generation of junglists. Warming up the dancefloor with jungle classics from the golden era.

Live visuals – Art hung throughout the venue – Live painting by Paul Cameron – Extra sound is being brought in for this event. Bring the oldschool vibes, and leave your attitude at the door!
See More

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Recoil
post Aug 17 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #2

:.::.:::.:.
Group Icon

Member No.: 179
Weapon of Choice:
- mind power

nice 1 Ghaleon!

http://soundcloud.com/Liam_Recoil
http://www.youtube.com/user/OriginalRecoil

Death replied,"I did not threaten your servant.
It was merely that I was surprised to see him here in Baghdad,
for I have an appointment with him tonight in Samarra."
+Quote Post
Ardcore4life
post Aug 20 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #3

:.::.:::.:.
Group Icon

Member No.: 593
Weapon of Choice:
- a Keyboard

Damn wish I could hit this one ..James st bass was way before my time I would have liked to have heard him play out ...heard his old harddrive show on some tapes I got off my bwoy.. This is on the same night as a UFC event im going out to watch otherwise.. I so would have been there.hope it turns out well

Ardcore!!! You Know The Score!
+Quote Post
ghaleon
post Aug 20 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #4

:.:..
Group Icon

Member No.: 7480

if youre in the area, stop by for some pre-drinks or something man smile.gif goes from 10-3am, and its a free party! come support!!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:49 PM