post Jan 16 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #1

..:i.:i.:i.:i.:i.:i!:.!:.!:.
Group Icon

Group: Frequency
Member No.: 137
Weapon of Choice:
- socks

Heh.. i can picture myself as a grandfather telling my grandkids about the fucked adventures i had on shuttle buses back in the day.

Everyones had a hilarious experiences riding those uncomfortable nasty things..

My most memorable would probably be the shuttle going to a small outdoor Happy Face summer solstice party in June of 96. We had Mrs. Crabtree for real spazzing out at the wheel. Threatening every few minutes while booking it down the highway that she'd pull over and let everyone out if people didn't stop smoking. Did that maybe 3 times.. Eventually she did pull over.. on the goddam highway and got out of her seat. Went through a five minute speach on safety and shit and for everyone to put out their "reefer buds". She ended up dumping us in the middle of nowhere somewhere in Mississauga nomansland. Could only see a tiny distant light that everyone ended up walking to. That light turned out to be the light shining on the vinyl so the dj could see the record.

When she picks us up of course everyones fukd. Threatens us again on the way back.. as soon as we get back in toronto and stop at an intersection someone calls her a fat bitch and bolts out the back emergency dooor... that was it.. like a stream of raver goo everyone poured out the back. and she bolted off yelling. hah. No one knew where we were but felt it neccessary to bail.

We joked all the way back to Union (an hour walk).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sigma
post Jan 16 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Weapon of Choice:
- 8mm Bolex

lmfao. that is one hell of a story. Priceless.
+Quote Post
CyanAura
post Jan 20 2004, 02:17 AM
Post #3

:.::.:::.:.
Group Icon

Member No.: 144

This particular memory is one of those tales that I can laugh at NOW, but at the time, was pretty pissed about. Me and a friend of mine decided to take the shuttle bus to the Christian Island Destiny 3-day (Mistake #1). We arrived at the Yorkdale parking lot at 9 p.m. Friday Night. After hanging out with several other angry people waiting for the bus, we finally left the parking lot at 4 a.m. -Saturday morning. I decided to sit at the back of the bus (Mistake #2) close to some guy who was obviously drunk. The hour and a half ride was marked by yelling, swearing, and general bullsh** coming from the drunk. We arrived at the boat dock and got in line for the ferry. The drunk was stopped by security for his intoxicated state and what I think was some kind of contra ban they found on him. I boarded the boat and turned around to see the drunk taking swings at security. The boat began to leave; me and my friend focused our attention at the altercation back on shore. this guy broke free of the grips of the guards and began to run towards the end of the dock (trying to catch the boat I guess); when he finally reached the end, he put his arms up towards the sky (similar to Willem Dafoe from the movie Platoon) and began to yell at the boat, security were only a couple of feet behind him; i'm not sure what they did with him after that (couldn't have been good though). We had a good laugh and prepared to face the rest of the weekend.
+Quote Post
sigma
post Jan 20 2004, 03:28 AM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- 8mm Bolex

hahhaa thats hillarious! great story

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Variant
post Jan 20 2004, 03:48 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- socks

heh.. i've heard more stories about getting to Christan Island than I have about the party itself. funny shit.
+Quote Post
SmoothOperator
post Jan 20 2004, 05:10 AM
Post #6

::i!::!i!.::.::i!:!.::i!:
Group Icon

Member No.: 94
Weapon of Choice:
- Galactic Prophalactic

QUOTE (Variant @ Jan 19 2004, 10:48 PM)
heh.. i've heard more stories about getting to Christan Island than I have about the party itself. funny shit.

Just getting there was a bad trip for everybody I think. Line up for the bus to take you to the boat. Line up for the boat. Line up on the other side, for a bus to take you to the party. bullshit! We payed out our asses to have some locals take us to the party.
I had been to every destiny 3 day party up till this one....and that was my last. I couldn't deal with the shit anymore.
+Quote Post
sigma
post Jan 20 2004, 05:30 AM
Post #7

Administrator
Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- 8mm Bolex

What year was this?

I only went to he first Destiny 3 Day
+Quote Post
Variant
post Jan 20 2004, 06:10 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- socks

Christian Island was 98.

All in all it wasn't bad for me. Got to the grounds by 3pm.. was on the island setup by 9pm. Most of my friends showed around 4 or 5am tho. Logistically it was a nightmare.. the idea was solid tho.

Looking back only the first Destiny 3day really did it for me. Hurricane, bad cid and all.. I remember those nights like they just happened. CyanAura can tell a story or two about Ambient C's closing set.. heh.
+Quote Post
SmoothOperator
post Jan 20 2004, 07:00 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- Galactic Prophalactic

I've got a flyer, ticket stub, and pics from D10. Can't believe I kept this stuff! Did any of you guys find the little party, that was going on in the forest that night? Out behind the top of the hill?
hehehe crazy times for sure. Walking around the race track....totally trippin. Good times!
+Quote Post
Variant
post Jan 20 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- socks

QUOTE (SmoothOperator @ Jan 20 2004, 02:00 AM)
I've got a flyer, ticket stub, and pics from D10. Can't believe I kept this stuff! Did any of you guys find the little party, that was going on in the forest that night? Out behind the top of the hill?
hehehe crazy times for sure. Walking around the race track....totally trippin. Good times!

Oh and I didn't have a clue what was going on during that tornado. lol

No ticket stub or pics from D10.. i'm just happy I came back with some working neurons. If anyone touched the Green Goblins that night you'll know what i mean.

Never dared to find that hidden party.. I was a little pre-occupied with space travel at that point.. heard it was on a downhill tho.. kind of strange.

Remember everyone walking around during the tornado aftermath wondering if they should leave or stay? heh.. you should scan your pics.. i'd love to see glimpses into that historic night.
+Quote Post
SmoothOperator
post Jan 20 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- Galactic Prophalactic

I'm working on getting a scanner!!! Got lots of stuff I can add to the site. Just waiting on a friend!
+Quote Post
Variant
post Jan 21 2004, 07:24 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Weapon of Choice:
- socks

nice.

Second favorite shuttle bus adventure.

Leaving Eros - Harmony everyone was sketched to hell. Some dood comes up to me asking for a tape.. no go there. He ends up walking up and down the isle asking everyone. As the bus takes off on comes Run DMC "the roof the roof the roof is on fiyah" on like volume 11. It was fukin LOUD. I had no clue those things had tape decks.. what I do know is that there was no volume controls. It was either 11 or 0. All the way back to Union dood kept rewinding the track making that high pitch screech .. on volume 11! The bass rattled the frame of the bus with every beat. I'm sure you could hear the vocals a block away. Jokes.
+Quote Post
charade
post Jan 22 2004, 08:26 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 67

...the three day bus was the biggest farce in Ravedom...the damn thing never came!...you would wait for three hours for that fucker easy...
+Quote Post
charade
post Jan 22 2004, 08:44 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 67

1998 or 1999

after a big International Centre party...we stay late..we are ruined...wait for shuttle...shuttle arrives...we get on...I'm a bit jacked so I'm sort of thinking...'hey this bus is not going towards the city'...but I'm thinking I'm also bent so I don't say anything...then I really start to worry...the people I'm with are sort of crashed...well finally we hit Burlington and several people in the bus are like 'what's up?'...the driver is like...'you guys are the charter from the rave to Burlington...she thought we were a bunch of kids who came from a Hamilton College or university and had charted a bus to the rave...we are all like 'what the fuck?' and she wants to leave us there...like, she really tries to, in the middle of nowhere...the kids go nuts and she is forced to drive back to the rave...the kids who got the bus are waiting there and are pissed...we begged for a ride to the subway line but they said 'no' all pissy....we all had to take cabs back to Downsview...crazy moring...to top it all off the girl I was jocking thought I was spending too much time with my ex and gave me zero play...

what a morning!
+Quote Post
StonerFuk
post Jan 26 2004, 12:48 AM
Post #15

:.:..

Group: Visitor
Member No.: 160

Well my nightmare is a little more recent then the ones dat are already here. It was two years ago. Da party was Big Bud Summer Lovin. It al started in Hamilton where Iam from. So we took da Go bus from Hamilton to Toronto under da belieaf dat da party was there. Once we got to Nathan Phillips we had to wait about an hour and a half and hearing rumors dat the party was in Cambridge and then gettin comformation dat it was. We finally got on da bus for Cambridge finally getting to da party at 1:30 in da moring. Da worst part of da hole thing was I could of takin a bus from Hamilton right to da door of da venue

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 05:26 AM